Slitting is a process were coils are fed lengthwise through a set of rotary knives and cut into narrower coils according to the customers specific width requirements and then recoiled.
- We can slit steel with a gauge range of .015″ to .500″
- Coils can be slit to a maximum width of 80.00″ and as narrow as .500″
- Inner Diameter (ID) of coils can be either 20″ or 24″
Cut To Length
This is the process of taking a coiled steel product, and unrolling it and cutting it to a desired length.
- With a gauge range of .013″ to .090″ and a max width of 74.125″ – we can CTL from 10″ up to 540″ (45 feet)
- With a gauge range of .090″ to .250″ and a max width of 73.00″ – we can CTL from 40″ up to 280″ (23.33 feet)
- With a gauge range of .250″ to .500″ and a max width of 72.00″ – we can CTL up to 500″ (41.66 feet)
This refers to a specific steel cutting process that produces straight line cuts.
Most commonly, shearing is used to cut a sheet parallel to an existing edge which is held square, but angled cuts can be made as well. (Trapezoid and unusual shape sheets can be made to order)
For this reason, shearing is primarily used to cut sheet stock into smaller sizes in preparation for other processes. The shearing process is performed on a shear machine, often called a squaring shear or power shear.
- We can shear sheets with a range of .020″ to .500″
- 120.00″ is the max width for the shearing machine
- Using the shear, we can make trapezoids and other configured blanks upon your request
Steel burnouts are available using a plasma cutter or OXY burning torch to “burnout” or cut the plate to a specific size or dimension. This will be done with a process that will maintain the integrity of the material and keep the strength of the material uncompromised. We can do burnouts to your exact blueprint or drawings.
- We can burnout plate steel with a thickness of .1875″ up to 8.00″
- Burnouts can be cut to various shapes and sizes using a CNC type computer programmed to the cutting torches
- We can provide Blanchard grinding to provide a finished surface and achieve tighter thickness tolerances
Detroit Steel Group can inspect a coil by running the coil through the slitter to inspect for gauge thicknesses and surface condition.
- We can inspect a coil with a gauge range of .015″ up to .500″ thickness and a width up to 80.00″
Detroit Steel Group can test any material for chemistry and/ or physical properties – Yield, Tensile, and Elongation (YTE), R-Value and N-Value
We can test coated steel for the type of coating and specific weight of coating. An accredited testing laboratory will be used for results.
This process of coating material will make a Hot Rolled or Cold Rolled steel into: Hot-Dip Galvanized, Electro Galvanized, Galvanneal, or Aluminized steel.
- We can coat a material with a thickness of as little as .015″ up to .080″
This is the process of reducing the thickness of material by passing it through power driven rollers to reduce the gauge to the desired thickness.
We can ship our material locally or out of state. Detroit Steel Group will offer convenient pick up points for international orders. We will package and ship per each individual order, as per our customers specifications.
Coils, Sheets, and Narrows will be loaded on the truck per each individual customer specifications.
All drivers are bonded and insured.